Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 85: The All New Audi A8L TDI


For my Audi blog I've test driven the A8L models before, but this is my first time with the TDI diesel version of this model. With all the bells and whistles, it's easily a $100K car, but I would get it only for the massaging seats. I will never doubt that The Universe is conspiring with you because the car came at the perfect time. It was delivered on a day that I was feeling very tense and stressed, so I just drove around and around while the seat gave me a massage.

What I learned about this TDI model is that it includes a feature that helps conserve fuel and reduces CO2 emissions. When the feature is turned on, the car's ignition will stay on, but the engine will shut off at stop lights; then it will turn back on when the car goes back into motion. I accidentally turned the feature on before I found out what it did, so I started to freak out when the engine kept shutting off!

It will be interesting to see how many miles I drive before it needs fuel, if at all. I'll have the car until next Friday. Some auto reviewers have been able to get around 700 miles to the tank, but I've been driving mostly streets versus highway averaging about 24 mpg.

2 comments:

  1. That massage feature is WAY cool! Can I try it out when I visit SD in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I wish I could keep the car until summer, but unfortunately I have to give it back to Audi on Friday :( We could visit the Audi dealership here though and take one for a test drive :)

      Delete