Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 84: Early Bookworm Gets the Bird

That may be the weirdest title I ever wrote for a blog post but maybe it will make sense in a minute...

Cory's aunt Marilyn recently hired me to help her use social media to promote her newly launched books, so in order for me to thoroughly understand what I'm marketing, I started reading one of her books titled, "Chasing Danger". I typically don't read drama-type books, but after chapter 1 I was hooked.

Marilyn has a way of storytelling that really draws you into each character. You can empathize with their plight and the struggles they go through. I found myself reading for a few hours straight...right into the wee hours of the morning, which is something I haven't done in a long, long time. My body was so tired, but I just couldn't put the book down!

There were parts of the book that were erotic, and I have to admit it made me feel a bit uncomfortable at first. All I could think was, Wow, that is some serious creative writing!

If you like reading fiction books about urban life or erotica, I recommend checking out Marilyn Mays' books on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I haven't even read 50 Shades of Grey yet! :)

    ReplyDelete