Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 81: Selling and Publishing Photography Ecourse

I signed up for a week trial of Lynda.com, a site full of online courses. Whatever you want to learn, Lynda probably has a course for you. I want to learn how to create a iPhone app, but I don't have the software that I need to create these apps yet.

I was browsing through the photography courses and came across one about selling and publishing photography. I haven't gone through the whole 5+ hours of video yet, but so far I've gotten some great tips for editing photos and what types of photos sell on stock photography sites.

Selling stock photos is one thing I think would be nice to do as a side gig. I don't know if I would make photography a full-blown business, but I always wanted to sell stock photography to sites like Shutterstock. I know that online sites and bloggers like myself are always looking for stock photos.

I've actually licensed a couple of my photos that people have discovered on my Flickr account. I only charged $5 for each of those photos, but knowing what I know now through this e-course, I probably could have gotten alot more for those photos! One photo was licensed to the airline company, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and the other photo was licensed to the company who manufactures the sunroofs for Audi.

I have thousands of photos sitting on my computer. One of these days I'm going to sort through them and create a professional portfolio - or maybe create my own stock photo site like the teacher of this ecourse did!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I just opened a Flickr account and have some decent photos I will be sharing.

    ReplyDelete