Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 71: No Coffee or Tea

Coffee and tea
I really had to prepare my mind for this challenge of no coffee or tea. I meditated on it in the morning, which really helped because I didn't get a headache like I usually do if I haven't had my coffee yet.

Awhile ago I attempted to stop drinking coffee because I thought being caffeine-free would help with my fertility. Life-long addictions are hard to break, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to let go of coffee just yet. I've read so many conflicting things about how coffee - how it's bad for you...how it's good for you... I think if I just focus on it being good for me and believe it (and I do believe!), then maybe my body will react accordingly.

Of all days, though, this was the day I probably could have used a cup of coffee. I ran sprints for my exercise, and when I was done I was wiped out. I was so close to hopping in the car to get a cup, but I was so tired that I didn't even want to go anywhere after I got out of the shower.

I tried to get some writing done, but I was feeling lethargic, so ended up vegging out in bed watching basketball games around 8:30 pm. I fell asleep around 10:30, which was very early for me!

1 comment: