Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 70: The Heart


It's been so beautiful here in San Diego for the past few days, so I decided to walk to Starbucks, which is a little over a mile away and get some work done.

The neighborhood kids had told me of a "secret" shortcut that goes through the parking lot of the swap meet, and I'll sometimes take that shortcut instead of going the long way, which would save me about 10 minutes of walking time. I have to go through this hole in the fence of the parking lot because the swap meet is surrounded by wire fencing with bob wires.

Well, as I approached the hole in the fence, there was a man who I thought was patching up the hole. I thought, Oh, great! He's going to give me a lecture about trespassing on private property, etc., etc. Actually, the man was one of the managers of the swap meet and he was building a tiny concrete pathway and a door so that people walking could cut through on the way to the shopping center or park. How great is that?!

On the way home, I saw that someone had decided to write in what I think is their name in the drying concrete. Well, I thought I'd leave my own mark.

My heart was racing and I almost felt a little bad for "vandalizing" property, but it's just a heart, after all. It's to remind people to keep love in their hearts. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

1 comment:

  1. love that you took the risk to leave something wonderful behind!

    ReplyDelete