Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 69: Burning the Midnight Oil Redesigning My Website


I created my "Salon de Maria" website just a little over 10 years ago, and I'm finally redesigning it for the first time. Finally, right? I've been so busy helping other people with their websites that I seemed to have neglected mine.

This website is more like a hub that links out to everything I'm doing such as art, jewelry, photography, and writing.


I finally decided that I wasn't going to procrastinate anymore and started working on it around 1 am even though I probably should have been in bed. I'm using Wordpress as the platform for my site, and because I'm still not an expert on using this system, I made some installation and coding mistakes, which caused more frustration than anything else. I finally stopped working on it around 2:30 am because I wasn't having fun anymore.

The screenshot above is what I have so far. I want it to be very minimalist so that the important things will stand out. I'm using a Pinterest-like theme for the design, so the home page will end up containing more pictures than anything else. 

1 comment: