Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 68: Salsa Class

One of my best friends loves to go dancing, and she found out about these salsa classes that are taught at a place called Queen Bee's Art & Cultural Center.  A long, long time ago we used to go to this club in downtown San Diego called Cafe Sevilla where they play Latin music. I love to watch people salsa dancing, and would sometimes make it to the dance floor only dancing the basic steps. If I had a really good partner who could lead me, I was able to pull off turns.

This was my first formal salsa class where we learned basic steps. I was a little rusty, but got the hang of it pretty quick. Learning the turn that happens before the dip at the end was where I stumbled a little. We were in a big circle and changed partners every few minutes, so I danced with people who had different levels of experience and skill. 

Afterwards was open dancing, so I was able to practice even more. There were so many people and I really enjoyed watching the more experienced couples. All their moves look so fluid!

1 comment: