Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 54: Pushed Through the Pain

“When the goal is in sight, all your physical pain disappears, and your mental determination shall carry you the rest of the way.” --Trey Patty

As I've mentioned before, I'm training to run my first "official" 5K next month. I put the word official in quotes because sometimes I will walk/run the 5K trail that's by my house, but next month I'm registering for an organized 5K event that I hope to run the whole way.

Today I hadn't even gone 100 feet when my left shin started to hurt. Any other day I would have just turned around and went back home, but I stopped and tried to walk it off.

That little voice inside my head said, "Just go home..."

I tuned that voice out and just started running again. And wouldn't you know, the pain went away! I went on to run about a mile. During that time a great idea for an article came to me, so I'm glad I pushed on and continued the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment