Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 50: Birch Aquarium

Tidal Pools at Birch Aquarium

I've lived in San Diego for over 21 years and have never been to the Birch Aquarium. I love the ocean and I'm fascinated with all the different things that live in it. The aquarium is relatively small compared to other aquariums I've been to, but everything I looked at was so interesting and awe inspiring.

Jelly Fish

Fish With a Human Face

Birch Aquarium Tidal Pools

I really enjoyed the area that was filled with all kinds of seahorses and sea dragons. I learned that male seahorses are the ones that get pregnant and give birth! There was a video that showed a male giving birth to what seemed like hundreds of little seahorses.

Weedy Seadragon

I also liked the huge 70,000 gallon Kelp Forest Tank that had this HUGE fish (forgot the name) and other schools of fish.

Kelp Forest Tank at Birch Aquarium

It was a gorgeous day in San Diego. The view from the aquarium was breathtaking...

View of La Jolla

1 comment: