Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 49: Watch a Movie First Thing on a Weekday

"Time isn't precious at all, because it is an illusion." - Eckhart Tolle

I generally have a morning routine during the weekday that I rarely divert from unless I have a meeting or an errand that needs to be done first thing. However, today the first thing I did after my morning meditation was watch the movie "Rush" that I couldn't watch yesterday because it was "No TV" day.

I didn't even brush my teeth, comb my hair, or wash my face before I watched the movie.
As I was preparing to get myself really comfortable on the ouch, I could hear that annoying Busy Bee's voice inside my head screaming, "What are you doing?!? Are you crazy? There is so much writing that needs to be done today!!!!"

"Shut up! I don't care! I'm going to watch this movie!" I screamed back at Busy Bee.

I did start to feel a little anxiety as I second-guessed my decision to make it a "lazy" morning - especially on a weekday. However, all those fear-based thoughts went out the door as I got caught up in this very inspiring movie.

After all, I still had the whole rest of the day to get work done. It's not like I'm actually on a writing deadline or anything. I still have to work on this "there's never enough time" mentality when in actuality there is no lack of time. I find it ironic that the movie I watched is called "Rush" because sometimes I feel like I just rush through the day trying to get everything on my To Do list done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this sometime. Maybe I would have had less eye twitches these past several days!

    ReplyDelete