Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 51: No Social Media

Social media has become a part of my daily life. In fact, it's part of the work that I do for clients. I enjoy interacting with others and sharing useful articles and resources with followers. I use Twitter more for business and Facebook for personal use because Facebook is where many of my close friends and family hang out.

Social media is pretty addicting, if you don't already know, and I am constantly using it. Besides Facebook and Twitter, I'm pretty active on Instagram. So today's first not to use any social media was going to be somewhat of a challenge. I had scheduled posts for my clients in preparation for today, so I didn't feel too pressed about cutting myself off from social media on a weekday.


I like to check Facebook when I take breaks in between writing articles. I also like to browse photos on Instagram or Pinterest just to break up all the reading I do. So instead of logging into Facebook after I wrote my first article for the day, I took a little snooze and listened to a guided meditation with positive affirmations. Doing that actually boosted my energy and I was able to breeze through my next article. 

I think what the most challenging part of this was not being able to search Twitter to help me write one of my articles. I sometimes like to see what people are currently saying about a particular subject or see what the "hot topics" are.

There were also some very good basketball games on, and I really wanted to tweet from my basketball account. But then again, it was nice because I was also able to enjoy the games without being distracted from other people's tweets.

I actually felt more productive today without the distraction of social media. I spent some time visualizing about a campaign and potential partnership with a big brand. I also reflected on the "good ole days" when there wasn't social media. How did we survive without it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment