Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 48: No TV

No TV

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.
--John Lennon

I had alot of work that needed to be done today, so this challenge to go without TV for a day was actually pretty easy. The no TV also included YouTube. It was also easy because there weren't any basketball games that I "had to" watch.

I tend to watch TV while eating meals, so "meal time" was usually 30 minutes to 1 hour. Without TV, meals only took about 15-20 minutes to eat, but I was more mindful of what I was eating, taking the time to really enjoy and savor the meal.

Cory did rent the movie "Rush", so while he watched it I went to Starbucks to do my work. When I came home Cory had Sportscenter on, which was playing basketball highlights. I was so, so tempted to watch, but I turned my head away and stayed focused on my writing.

Of course, it's no surprise that I got alot of work done today!

1 comment: