Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 9: Run a Different Route + Other Firsts

One of the firsts I'm planning for this year is to run the Hot Chocolate 5K run here in San Diego, so for the past couple weeks I've been training so I can run the whole thing as opposed to walking/running it.

I like to run the 5K jogging trail at a nearby park, but sometimes I will run around the neighborhood. I usually follow the same route when I do go running in my neighborhood, but today I had a different motivation for running a different route as I talk about in the video below...


And here's the coffee - my reward for attempting to run up the hill... I even added little marshmallows to it just for fun, which is actually a first too!


On the way back home, I did a photo walk, which was another first. Every 100 feet or so I stopped and took a picture. Here are all the pictures I took...

Photo walk in the neighborhood

Another first for today was eating Ben & Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie ice cream. Yum...It's a new favorite!

Ben & Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie ice cream

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos Maria! And I miss San Diego! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! You should come visit San Diego soon :) It's been beautiful this "winter".

      Delete