Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 8 - Read first book on a Kindle

Nathan (my son) bought me a Kindle for Christmas but it didn't arrive until January 7th.  I love to read books but I am old school in that I love to hold a book and turn the pages.

I probably would not have bought a Kindle for myself but I had chosen not to tell Nathan what I wanted for Christmas to see what he would come up with.

Yesterday I downloaded my first book "The First Phone Call from Heaven", a novel by Mitch Album who is one of my favorite authors.  Throughout a very busy day I would take a break and read a chapter.  I am now on Chapter 6 and have discovered a few things.

The Kindle is limited in what it can do but the feel of holding it while reading is far better than I imagined.  And the ability to change the font size for my not so good eyes is awesome.  The text on the screen is crystal clear and is easy to read both in sunlight and limited light.

Here is a screen shot of the Kindle:


As you can see the text is easily readable.  Another First that has expanded my opportunities to read more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment