Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 26: First Online Magazine


For awhile now I've been wanting to create a magazine version of my Beauty Is Within blog. Although a print version would be great, I do know that more and more people are using their tablets to read magazines as well.

Of course, if I was to start an online magazine from scratch, that would mean hiring writers, photographers, and editors to put it all together. Not to mention I would have to learn coding (or hire someone) to create this virtual magazine.


Well, enter Flipboard, an app (available for smartphones and tablets) that lets you create an online magazine in a matter of minutes...literally. As I was browsing Skillshare today looking for a programming class to take, I came across this free class on how to make your own magazine with Flipboard.

Flipboard allows you to curate all types of content from the web and put it all together in a nice virtual magazine that you can flip through. People can subscribe to your magazine, and you can keep track of the number of subscribers and what people are sharing through the online editor.

For my magazine, Beauty Is Within, I've curated content from a variety of sources and integrated some of the articles from my blog as well. As I come across articles I like, I'll add it to the magazine. My intention is to update it everyday with at least a couple new articles. 

1 comment: