Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 25: Sharing My Story

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." --Maya Angelou

There are very few people that have seen me in my "darkest hour", and even then these friends didn't really know what was going on in my mind. I consider myself a pretty private person and I don't share very much about my story and what I've been through to get where I am today.


I'm realizing, though, that I am a writer for a reason. I share stories...so why not share my story in hopes that it can inspire someone else who is going through a similar journey?

Today on one of my blogs I decided to open up a little about my experience of emotional abuse and how I was suicidal. It took awhile for me to hit "Publish" on that post, and as I type this now I'm feeling a little anxiety about sharing that part of me. I think for a long time I was in denial that I even went through those feelings of desperation.

I know that someday I will share my whole story with people - probably in the form of a book.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having the courage to be your authentic self, Maria! Brava

    ReplyDelete
  2. “The past has no power over the present moment.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this quote! I like Eckhart Tolle. Such a wise man :)

      Delete