Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 16: Send a Handwritten Thank You Card


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. --John F. Kennedy

Years ago when I worked at Nordstrom we were required to send handwritten thank you notes during down times. Customers always remembered me when they came into the store and thanked me for sending the note.

I once wrote about the power of sending a Thank You card to your customers, and although I make cards, I don't think I've ever sent any to my own clients. I thought it was time to take my own advice...

In this day of digital communication, the art of the handwritten letter has seemed to diminished. There has been talk about not teaching kids cursive writing, which is sad because in the future how will people be able to read and interpret many of the historic writings?

I love that this artist took emails and turned them into beautiful handwritten letters. These type of letters are so much personal. They can be framed and be kept forever instead of being lost in cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment