Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 12: Declutter Email


I admit that I'm a digital hoarder. I've had my Yahoo email account for 10 years and have accumulated many, many emails filed in about 100 different folders. I learned that you need to Feng Shui all the digital information you have, and I've been wanting to declutter the email for a couple years now, but it just seemed like a daunting task. 
Well, lately I've been feeling stagnant in my business, and I know part of it has to do with the digital clutter I have accumulated. I'm fairly good with getting rid of physical clutter, but when it comes to digital files, I'm a hoarder.

It didn't take as long (2 1/2 hours) as I thought it would to clean out the email, but I did it! The Golden Globes were on, so I was a productive couch potato tonight.

I discovered that about a third of the folders had only 1 or 2 emails in it, as you can see in the screenshot above. There were a few duplicate folders, which was puzzling to me. Also, many of those emails contained articles that were published online, so I could have just bookmarked those articles using Delicious

It's amazing how my mind feels so much "lighter" from doing a simple thing.  Now I have to tackle all of the files on my computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment