Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11: Watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" For First Time Ever


"Breakfast at Tiffany's" is one of the movies I've been meaning to watch, so what better time to watch it than now during this year of firsts. I never knew what the movie was about, but it exceeded the few expectations I had. I certainly wasn't expecting a movie from the 60's to include subjects like kept men, drunken parties, and strip joints. It was also amusing to see Mickey Rooney play a funny old Chinese man.

It's interesting how synchronicity came into play because there is a scene in the movie where they spend the day doing things they've never done before such as stealing something from a five and dime store. I certainly wouldn't add that to my list of things to do this year, but it made me think that I probably should try something a little edgy and wild. 

All in all, I liked the movie. Audrey Hepburn was stunningly beautiful and I loved her hairdos and style. I actually wanted to watch the movie just for the fashion, but the story turned out great too.

Other firsts today:
  • I went on a walk with my friend and her daughter around the neighborhood. I've lived in the area for almost six years and almost always go on walks by myself. 
  • My friend's daughter introduced me to these slushy drinks from Taco Bell. I took a few sips of her drink and think they taste much better than Slurpees.
  • I watched my friend's home movie of when her daughter was a baby. It's a VHS tape, and I haven't seen anything on a VHS in decades. Funny how far we've come in technology.

1 comment: