Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10: Play Piano On the Tablet + New Brazilian Restaurant


I'm a purist when it comes to playing music - meaning that I like playing with good old fashioned instruments. I learned to play the piano when I was young, and I also played the flute in the marching band in junior high and high school. I also dabbled with the clarinet and saxophone.

I do think that it's neat to be able to create music on your phone or tablet, but it's not something that really appeals to me. I thought I'd try playing the piano on my tablet anyway since Cory mentioned it to me this morning. 

I downloaded the "Real Piano" app and attempted to play "Fur Elise" on it, but for some reason I couldn't remember it. This is the only song I ever really memorized on the piano, so I don't know if attempting to play it on the tablet threw me off. Besides that, I could only play it with one or two fingers, which just felt weird.

Just when I had given up on the piano playing (I'll stick with a real piano, thanks.), my friend invites me to go out to a new Brazilian steakhouse downtown called Fogo de Chao. Well, of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity!  The food was delicious. If you've never been to a Brazilian restaurant and you like all different types of meat, it is quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment