Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 58: Waiting For Baby


Today included a few firsts for me!

My friend has been having issues with her pregnancy, so they had to perform a C-section on her today. Her baby boy came into the world 1 month early, but they're both doing well now. He is in an incubator and they wouldn't let me go in to see him because I'm not an immediate family member, so I couldn't take a picture. This was my first time at a hospital for a baby's birth :)

While they were doing the C-section we went to get something to eat, and as we walked back to the waiting room the flags were being pulled down (We were at a Navy hospital). The protocol is to stop and face the flags as the two servicemen lowered the flags. I think I've witnessed this a long, long time ago when I was a little girl.

Then as we sat in the waiting room, my friend's daughter asked if I wanted to make a rubber band fishtail bracelet. According to her these bracelets are "the latest thing".





I'm watching my friend's daughter again for the next few days, so I'm sure there will be some interesting firsts in store for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment