Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Firsts that happened before the new year

I want to document a few Firsts that have happened over the last 2 weeks as I have been thinking about what I am going to do in 2014.

Of course none of these Firsts count but just contemplating taking on this challenge has led me to do a couple things I had either not done before or haven't done in at least 10 years.
  • Archery class - I attended and archer class with an instructor that had tried out for the US Olympic team for the last summer games.  She did not make the team but she was a great instructor keeping it fun for everybody.
  • Hang with a homeless person for a few hours - this was on my list to do but ended up doing it before January 1st so it doesn't count.  Met John at the La Mesa Starbucks that I work out of quite often.  John has been homeless for less than a year after getting sick and being hospitalized for several months.  Not sure what he was in for (not a mental illness) but John was considerably overweight and walked with a cane.
  • Attended the "Winter Tea Party at the Tea Gallerie" - learned about some of the health benefits of drinking tea and how popular it is in San Diego.  Over 300 people attended the event.  I met the owner John who is from England where he owns a large tea business.
 Even though these Firsts don't count for my year of Firsts it got the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment