Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 20: Take First Action Towards Big Vision

NBA Dream Big shirt
NBA's Dream Big Shirts
“The difference between a dreamer and a visionary is that a dreamer has his eyes closed and a visionary has his eyes open.”
― Martin Luther King Jr
.


Although I am a writer and often think how great it would be to have a book on a best sellers list, I have a much bigger dream. Actually, it is me and Cory's Big Vision that we often talk about.

Tonight I was watching NBA games, and a campaign they launched today is "Dream Big" in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. day and Black History Month. Many of the teams playing today were wearing "Dream Big" shirts. It set off a reminder in my mind of the Big Vision that I have.


This is going to be a huge project that will have a global impact, provide many jobs, and probably change the whole scope of the industry we will be part of. It is a completely new idea on many levels. As I type this, I can feel the excitement...Other than Cory, I have not talked with anybody about this Big Vision.

I know I'm not supposed to worry about the hows and just let The Universe make things happen, but I can't help but keep wondering how this project is going to happen. It's going to take ALOT of people, money, and resources. I know that's why I haven't taken any type of action - sometimes the thought of it just becomes overwhelming.

Well, tonight I asked myself, What would be the first thing you do if you already had the money to begin this project?

The first thing I would do is research eco/sustainable commercial builders.

And that's exactly what I did.

In my research I came across this inspiring quote on EcoWise's site:
Therefore, when we build, let us think that we build forever: Let us not be for present delight, nor for present use alone, let it be for such work as our descendants will thank us, and let us think, as we lay stone on stone that a time is to come when those stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, “See! This our fathers did for us.
~John Ruskin (1819-1900)

1 comment: