Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 41: Stop and Smell Everything

My dad used to take the dog for a walk everyday, but not so much anymore. So when I visit I'll take the dog out. The thing is, he likes to stop and smell everything. Every place that the other neighborhood dogs have marked, Bitoy will stop and investigate. And he doesn't really like to walk on the sidewalk. If there's a yard with nice grass, he'll prance along in other people's yards. He especially likes thick grass.

Because he doesn't get out very often now, basically I just let him walk me today. If he wanted to stop and smell every pole, bush, tree, or roll around in the dirt, I let him. It took a great deal of patience, and I was reminded that animals don't have any sense of time. Bitoy was just enjoying the time spent outside. He doesn't have any work waiting for him! Lucky dog :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you are very patient Maria! Animals are truly in the moment just like little kids. I love his name!

    ReplyDelete