Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 7 - Painting Class

Tonight I went to a painting class in a bar!  A creative new  business concept is to have people pay to paint in a bar while drinking wine and snacking on food.

Based on the turnout last night at the Uptown Tavern in Hillcrest it mostly appeals to younger women for a girl's night out.  Only 2 guys in the class including me.

Here is a picture of the class before we started:


As you can see we all started with a blank canvas.  We were given 5 different size brushes, 4 blobs of paint (white, yellow, purple and brown), an apron and a glass of water to rinse our brushes.

We were given instructions on how to paint a purple butterfly but were offered the choice of making it any color we wanted.  Here is my painting about half way through:



The further away I stood from the canvas the better it looked.  I should have stopped here because this is what it ended up looking like:


Here are some of the more colorful paintings by my classmates who had been there before:



Based on the paintings at the end of the class we all had our own unique butterfly.  When I mentioned that this was part of our firsts for a year I had several classmates asking to join our blog.  Unfortunately I could not tell them the name of the blog!!

Overall a great time laughing, painting and drinking.  I will do it again just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment