Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4: Read a Magazine From Front to Back

"May The Force be with you always..." -- A line from the original Star Wars movie

I certainly felt like The Force was with me today as I experienced many firsts besides the one I planned, which was to read Website Magazine from front to back. I've been a subscriber for 7 years now, but have never read the entire magazine. It doesn't have alot of pages (January 2014 issue is 40 pages), so it didn't seem like a daunting task.

I actually learned many new things from reading the entire magazine. I took many notes and will turn it into a post that I will soon share on my blog, OnlineBizResources.biz.


One of challenges I faced in accomplishing today's first was staying focused. There were moments when I wanted to just watch a football or basketball game, but I knew if I stopped reading, I wouldn't finish.

Other noteworthy firsts today:
  • The Spike channel was having a Star Wars marathon, so I watched the original movie for the first time in a long time. I'm pretty sure it's been longer than 10 years. 
  • My BFF's daughters have soccer games at different fields, so I watched a soccer game at Bonita High School for the first time.
  • I cooked frozen zucchini for the first time ever. I usually buy fresh zucchini, and fresh is so much better than frozen.
  • I had a craving for corned beef hash, so I had the canned version for the first time in over 10 years. I've had corned beef at restaurants recently, but not canned. After looking at the label and reading that it has over 1,100 mg of sodium, I now remember why I don't eat the canned version. It was freakin' good, though.
  • I looked at detailed analytics of my videos on Youtube for the very first time since they implemented the new features; discovered that not all of my videos are being monetized, so had to change that!

No comments:

Post a Comment